Sunday 18 July 2010

Here are some of the images I took at the Gray's Degree show. I absolutely loved the ball of mice, the artist has chose a not so nice theme of dead rodents but has captured their form beautifully. After speaking to the artist briefly she explained how her idea came about by her pet cat bringing home dead mice.
The subway train caught my eye by the interesting viewpoint, some of the other paintings were painted as if looking threw a fish eye lens and this is like a mirrors reflection. Finally the last three paintings..ones which made you feel strange when viewing. I don't know why but i felt as though I was going to fall over, maybe because of the overlapping and distorted parts of the painting, im not really sure. The paintings were done well but I was definitely squinting and confused with what was going on, but I guess that's the whole point.
Excellent degree show and the fourth year painters and sculptors were definitely my favourites, wish i got some more pictures taken!


























No comments:

Post a Comment