Saturday 24 July 2010

Claire Morgan, Motion Sculptures

After viewing the degree show there was a sculpture students work which stood out for me, her piece was of knitted wombs hanging from the ceiling but looked as though they were in motion. I wish I got a picture of this artwork but I vaguely remember it being about family genes.
Anyway after seeing this artists work below by Claire Morgan I realised where this sculpture student must have got her inspiration from. These sculpture pieces are amazing, at first glance the objects look as though they are in motion especially the strawberry blanket which has been carefully set up to look as though the strawberry's are almost falling to the ground gracefully. The artist uses mainly natural materials to make her work, things like strawberry's, fruit and flowers attached to nylon thread. It is understandable how this artist achieved a first class degree whilst studying at university.







No comments:

Post a Comment